101 W. Pafford St, Fort Worth, TX 76110 | (817) 840-7501
- Pafford Campus
Pafford Students Place as National Qualifiers at Business Professionals of America State Leadership Conference
Six Pafford middle school students prevailed at the recent Business Professional of America State Leadership Conference held at the Fort Worth Convention Center in early March. These outstanding 8th graders are now national finalists who earned a spot at the 56th annual National Leadership Conference at the Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas from May 4-8th. The Trinity Basin Prep Pafford national finalists will compete with other middle school students from across the country as the Texas Association of BPA hosts this year’s National Leadership Conference.
The 2021-2022 academic year represents Trinity Basin Preparatory Pafford’s first year as a newly formed Business Professional of America (BPA) Chapter. BPA is a premier Career and Technical Student Organization (CSTO) with a mission to develop and empower student leaders by creating opportunities in learning, professional growth, and service.
“Kudos to our 8th grade BPA members who excelled at the recent State Leadership Conference and returned to school with several high honors,” said Jennifer Masten, Principal, Trinity Basin Preparatory Pafford Campus. “Their dedication and commitment, as well as that of their sponsors, cannot be overstated. You all have brought great honor to our campus.”
Career and Technical Education instructor, Destiny Alberter, and Middle School Instructional Coach, Christine Clemson, were instrumental in the success of the BPA pilot program at Trinity Basin Prep Pafford. They acted as coaches, mentors and advisors to the students who dedicated long hours, studying and rehearsing in advance of the Fort Worth conference.
“Our goal was to introduce and pilot the BPA program as a CTSO program at Pafford this year,” Alberter said. “I am so proud of these middle school students who jumped into the program, prepared and performed so beautifully in their first competition.”
Individual Competition Finalists:
- Financial Literacy: Viviana Urrutia – National Alternate
- Human Resources Exploration Pilot – Anakoni Oaxaca – National Alternate
- Extemporaneous Speech: Sebastian Gonzalez – National Alternate
- Prepared Speech: Angel Gonzalez – National Alternate
- Digital Citizenship Pilot: Nicholas Vazquez – Third Place, National Qualifier
- Graphic Design Promotion: Isabella Sanchez – Second Place, National Qualifier
Team Competition Finalists:
- Presentation Management Team: Emely Aviles, Kaleb Clark, Aidan Loera, and Galilea Moran – First Place, National Qualifiers